save bosede oboh


May 15th, 2009

Dear AEP 9 Coll.,

SAVE MY SOUL

I humbly introduce myself to you as Miss Bosede O. Oboh, a 34years old farmer, who runs a micro-cottage agricultural and food processing/marketti ng firm (ACASC FARMS & FOODS) in Lagos.

On October 11th, 2008, a very fateful day for me, I embarked on a journey to Akure in search of breeding stocks for a client’s snail farm. The bus I boarded from Iwo Road(Ibadan) had a brutal crash between Ikire and Ife, somersaulting 4times and being the last passenger to enter, I sat by the door. The next thing I could remember is, I was on the ground while the bus with the remaining 17 passengers, driver and conductor trapped in it was sitting on me. The exhaust pipe ran through my head to knees, roasting different parts of my body; petrol tank emptied on my head into my ear.

While all these went on, no one knew I was under the vehicle as rescuers were just helping to bring out people from the bus.
Somehow, after 25-30minutes, God saved me. I was rushed to the OAU Teaching Hospital Ife and was hospitalized for about 2months during which I went through 2 Skin Graft Surgeries. As my case was getting worse with increasingly growing pain every morning my wound were dressed and grafts not taken due to infection, I had to be transferred to the Burns Centre, NOH Igbobi. There, I went through another highly specialized SSG and stayed for another 2months before I was discharged in February 2009.

However, the Consultants and Medical teams both at Igbobi and Ife affirmed that, there is not much they can do to perfectly resuscitate me to my former physical condition in Nigeria because of the peculiarity of my kind of burn: my left ear was crumb roasted, scalp totally burnt to the skull, chest/left breast badly and deeply burnt among other.

I was advised to seek comprehensive medical treatment abroad because Nigeria lacks the facility and technology to help fix me another ear and correct other damages.

I am due for the specialized reconstructive procedure in June. Several Hospitals have been contacted across the globe; however, Israel seems to be highly recommended for such medical procedures.

The Surgery comes in 2 stages and the total cost is estimated at $ 60,700.00

The state of my body now is very fragile. I cannot stand what is the norm in my farming profession (long exposure to Sun/Factory Oven heat or work with heavy duty machines). I have been advised to wear braziers round the clock to reduce chest skin fracture; take cold water shower over 5times in a day; move about with iced block and towel to do cold massaging or be in an air conditioned environment always, to reduce high rate of itching which can damage the grafted skin. Most times, the itching can be frustrating.

Attached are some photographs of the burnt areas and the medical quote of the procedure from ASSUTA Hospital in Israel.

Coll., the reason I have sent this letter to you is, for you to give me referrals to individuals and/or organizations that can and will be willing to assist me or sponsor the surgery.

However, if you are in a position to do same, God will bless whatever thing you sow towards my perfect recovery.
I want to get back to my business, become a better farmer/food processor, add value to other people’s lives without any health or social hitch.

Thank you for your anticipated graceful response.

God bless you.

Humbly yours,

Bosede Oboh

ACASC Farms
5, Mohammed Street
Santos Layout
Dopemu
Lagos
01-9540568; 08023021908

Comments

Popular Posts